This policy covers EMERSE use of personal information that is collected when you provide EMERSE with personal information including but not limited to when you use the Website or view advertisements served using our platform, including the Videoseeding.com marketing network.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1988, the data controller is Emerse Ltd, registration number 06375337 with registered address at 167 Fleet Street, London EC4A 2EA.
2. STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you supply any personal information to EMERSE, we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use this data. We must collect the information fairly, that is, we must explain how we will use it, and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. When using your personal information, EMERSE will act in accordance with current legislation and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The information that we may collect and process from you could be:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, visiting a certain page on the Website or when you view an advertisements served using our platform for us or one of our clients.
1. If you watch or engage in some way with an advertisement.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
3. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, any information you provide to EMERSE will only be used within EMERSE and our clients or partners for the purposes of providing our services.
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
1. to serve more relevant advertisements from our clients;
2. to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
3. to provide you with information, products or Services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
4. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
5. to notify you about changes; and
6. to pass on your personal details to select partners and clients we work closely with.
We may also use your email address to inform you of goods and services. You can opt-out of such email correspondence at any time by replying to an email with the subject line “Unsubscribe”. Otherwise, your information will only be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as required by our Services, and remove it in the event that you request us to discontinue the holding of your data.
4. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
1.better match advertisements with the right audience
2. serve ads that are targeted to a certain audience
3. deliver advertisements to existing customers or visitors of our client’s websites
4. to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
5. to store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests;
6. to speed up your searches; and
7. to recognise you when you return to the Website.
We use the following domains to place cookies:
5. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information which we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10 for information requests. Please address requests to Data Protection Enquiries, Emerse Ltd, 7th Floor, Dashwood House, 69 Old Broad Street, London EC2M 1QS, UK.